6 Steps to Fix HP Printer Paper Jam Error But No Paper Jam
HP Printer Paper Jam Error – HP printer paper jam but no paper jam is one of the common issues occurs in a printer machine.
Though you may not find any jammed paper inside the printer, but only an invisible tiny piece of paper can even produce paper jam error.
Generally, this little piece of paper gets stuck in the device and cause further damage. Accordingly, the HP printers will not be able to work properly if the paper jam is not cleared as soon as possible.
Now the questions is; What should you do when there doesn’t seem any paper jam yet you receive paper jam message?
Here we have summarized the procedures to keep your HP printer away from any paper jam error so you can continue working without interruption.
Read our procedures below and follow each of the steps given in the procedures.
Procedure 1: Check The Front Cover
Checking the front cover is considered the easiest and even the quickest way of fixing paper jam error.
Read more: HP 8610 Printhead Error
Therefore, we place this procedure as the first one to try. Well, if you find any piece of paper, be gentle to take it out of the device.
Procedure 2: Check The Input Tray
Check the input tray by following the steps below:
1. Plug in your HP printer and press the power button to turn it on.
2. While the printer is in “on” status, remove the power cord from the printer’s back part.
3. Locate carefully the input tray.
4. Pull out the jammed paper gently of the input tray.
5. Look at the printer’s inside part to check if there is any bit of paper jammed or other objects. If there is any, remove it.
6. Get the printer back to its normal position.
7. Connect the power cord again and switch on the printer.
8. Use your HP printer normally.
Procedure 3: Check The Output Tray
If you have HP printer paper jam but no paper jam error, follow these 4 simple steps to fix the issue:
- Turn the printer off and remove the power cord.
- Locate the output tray.
- Pull out the jammed paper gently if there is any. Remove it.
- Make a print job to test whether your device work smoothly as you wish.
Procedure 4: Clean Paper Feed Rollers
Paper feed roller is one of the common spot for paper to get stuck. That’s why you need to make sure that it is as clean as always.
Read more: HP Printer in Error State
Once you get paper jam error, examine the paper feed rollers also becomes important. Here is how to do it:
- Turn of the printer and remove the power cord.
- Lift the input tray and open it.
- Search for the gray paper pick rollers and clean it using a damp cloth to remove any dust or other tiny objects.
- Dry up the rollers entirely and place them back afterwards.
- Connect the power cord again and turn on your HP printer.
Procedure 5: Clean The Printer Rollers
Another procedure to help you clear the paper jam error message is to check and clean the printer roller. Here are the steps to follow:
- Remove all papers from the input tray.
- Press “Down Arrow” and click on “Settings”. Later, press OK.
- Press “Down Arrow” and select “Tools”. Next, press OK.
- Opt for “Clean paper feed” and press OK.
- Wait until the cleaning process completely finish.
- Make a print job to test whether your HP printer work normally.
Procedure 6: Reset Your HP Printer
Sometimes, it is interesting to know that the users report a problem of HP printer paper jam but no paper jam.
If you have completed all of the procedures above but the issue still exist, resetting the device seems being a very good idea.
- Turn on your HP printer.
- Remove the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical socket.
- Wait for about 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back to the electrical socket.
- Connect the power cord back to the printer’s back.
- Turn on the printer and make a print test to check if it works normally again.