Instructions for how to use QUICK STARE social networking community.
How to make a status update.Status updates can be found in three locations. By visiting the Stream page, visiting the feed page or by visiting your profile page. There is a lot of features in the status update that include adding images and slideshows. You can embed videos and websites by pasting in the link. You can also add your feeling by clicking the emoji in the lower left corner. You can also add emojis in the text by clinking on the smiley face in the top right. There is a function to tag friends or mention them by typing @username. You can also search for animated gifs to add into your status update. Please note at this stage the max file size for attachments is 10 Mb.Back to top.
How to filter activity.You can filter the stream by pressing the menu tab in the sub menu for all members, friends, groups, favourites and mentions. You can also filter different activities and content types by pressing the filter tab for status, quotes, photos, videos, audios, slideshows, links, files, giphy (animated gifs), updates, covers and new groups. There is also filters for many other social pages including groups and feeds.Note: The filter button is located next to the search tab on the desktop website.
Publishing Google News Articles.
- Visit Create>+ Articles in the menu.
- Enter a well written and descriptive title using no more than 60 characters.
- Add well written article paragraphs that can be enhanced with headings and relevant images/videos.
- Add a featured thumbnail image.
- Add Articles as a primary category.
- Customize the meta title, meta description and permalink.
- Preview and then select the publish button to post the article live on Quick Stare and submission to Google News.
- Read the full tutorial on how to Publish Google News Articles here.
Publishing Google Web Stories.
- Visit Create>+ Web Stories in the menu. Or to choose a template visit Streams>+ Web Stories.
- Enter a descriptive keyword rich title using no more than 40 characters.
- Create at least 5 to 30 web story pages.
- Add media, headings and text to each page.
- Use the design options in the right hand menu panel to customize each page.
- Add a cover image with the document options in the right hand menu panel.
- Publish the web story and then copy and paste the link into your custom posts.
- Read the full tutorial on how to Publish Google Web Stories here.
How to create a custom post.
- Visit Create>+ Custom Post tab in the menu.
- Enter a descriptive keyword rich title using 6-7 words.
- Select + or search for the type of block you want to place in the content.
- Select a category.
- Add some tags.
- Add a featured thumbnail image.
- Press publish.
- There is a lot more options for you to explore, but these are the basics. Please read the Custom Tutorial or Advanced Tutorial for more information.
How to submit a video.
- Enter a descriptive and keyword rich video title.
- Enter a few keywords separated by commas.
- Enter the video description text.
- Select a category.
- Copy and paste in the video link.
- Verify you are not a robot.
- Press the submit video button. See the full Video Submission Tutorial here.
How to update or edit a post.
- Visit the edit post tab in the menu.
- Choose the post to be updated and press edit.
- Make some changes and then press preview to test or update to republish.
How to create a group.
- Visit the create group tab in the menu.
- Enter a group name and description.
- Select group privacy – public, private or hidden. Choose which members are allowed to invite other members – all members, admins and mods or only admins.
- Add a profile picture for the group.
- Add a group cover photo.
- Select or search for members/friends to invite to the group.
How to update profile widgets.
- Visit the profile settings in the menu by expanding the settings>+ profile settings or by visiting your profile and pressing on your profile picture as illustrated in the image below.
- Select About me – Skills – Portfolio – Slideshow etc and fill in your details. The widgets will show up in the profile overview tab and sidebar after the widgets have been set up or updated.
How to change profile picture.
- Visit the profile picture settings in the menu by expanding the user profile menu>+ profile picture or by visiting your profile and pressing on your profile picture as illustrated in the image above (widget settings).
- Select a new profile picture, adjust the dimensions and then press the crop button.
How to update profile cover.
- Visit the profile cover settings in the menu by expanding the user profile menu>+ profile cover or by visiting your profile and pressing on your profile picture as illustrated in the image above (widget settings).
- Select a new profile cover or delete an existing image.
How to add social networks.
- Visit the profile settings in the menu by expanding the user profile menu>+ social networks or click on your profile picture on your wall to expand the profile menu and choose widget settings and click on the social icon.
- Add your social network links and then press save.
Email notification preferences.
- Visit the email preference settings in the menu by expanding the profile menu>+ settings>+ or by visiting your profile and pressing on your profile picture as illustrated in the image above (widget settings).
- Switch on or off the preferences you would like to receive emails for.
- Mentions Notifications – Email me when a member mentions me in a post.
- Replies Notifications – Email me when a member replies to a post or comment I have posted.
- Messages Notifications – Email me when a member sends me a new message.
- Friendship Requested Notifications – Email me when a member sends me a friendship request.
- Friendship Accepted Notifications – Email me when a member accepts my friendship request.
- Group Invitations Notifications – Email me when a member invites me to join a group.
- Group Information Notifications – Email me when A Group information is updated.
- Group Admin Promotion Notifications – Email me when I am promoted to a group administrator or moderator.
- Join Group Notifications – Email me when a member requests to join a private group for which I am an admin.
- Group Membership Request Notifications – Email me when my request to join a group has been approved or denied.
Feel free to leave your input and tutorial suggestions for the FAQ page in the Quick Stare Feedback Group. Enjoy!