How to Manage Epson XP-640 Setup & Driver Update
There are some standard and pretty general Epson XP-640 setup standards that you should understand if you are an owner of such a device.
Getting ideas of how to handle (and manage) the printer isn’t as difficult as people think, but such process does require careful approach and detailed steps to ensure successful results.
At least understand some of the setups and also the steps before you can start with the work.
After you have unboxed the printer, make sure to remove the plastic packaging. Clear them out and place the printer close to your laptop or computer.
By using a power cable (typically, it comes with the device), connect one end to your device and the other to the power outlet.
The printer should be close to your computer, but you should place it far from direct sunlight. It will maintain the condition for longer time.
Press the printer’s power button for several seconds until you see the (power) LED lights up. Release the button once it happens. Check the display (on your printer) as it should show you the complete setup instructions.
After you are sure that the printer can turn on, now check the cartridges. Open the access door and remove those cartridges.
Give them a gentle shake so the ink can spread evenly over the cartridges. Don’t skip this step as it will definitely affect printing quality and the pages may likely be soggy. Return those cartridges into the printer.
Now, you need to connect your computer to the printer. Since this would be the first time connection, use the USB cable.
If you prefer the wireless connection, you can manage the setup later. Be advised, though, that you may not find the USB cable with the printer.
The Wireless Network Setup
One of the biggest perks of this printer is its wireless ability. It means that your printing device can set up communication with another device (laptop, computer, or tablet) through the wireless connection.
One of the most crucial Epson XP-640 setup processes is to deal with the wireless connection, so here’s how you start it off.
- Press the Home icon button. It’s on the printer
- Move the (arrow) buttons to move down and up on the screen display. You need to go down and choose WiFi Setup, and continue with OK
- Go with WiFi Setup Wizard and then OK. There is no need to choose other options like PIN Code Setup, Disable WiFi, or WiFi Auto Connect.
- You will be taken to the next screen where you can see the lists of all available networks around your printer.
- Choose the (wireless) name. This is why you should know your network’s name before starting this process. If you can’t find the name, type its name manually. For manual setup, choose Other Networks and OK. There will be field Enter Network Name that you must fill in.
- Afterwards, you will also be required to feed the password. Be advised that password is case sensitive, so be sure that you use the right lower or uppercase, as well as special characters or symbols.
- After you complete with the typing, choose Done. On the next page, you are prompted to confirm the settings.
- Choose OK
The WPS Method
Are you using a router or access point with a WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) mode? You need to activate the push button to finalize the wireless setup management.
If you can’t find the physical button, it’s possible that it has the virtual type. Search the software to find one.
Besides the previous method, the WPS method is one of the most common Epson XP-640 setup processes that you need to be familiar with.
- Use your printer and go with Home icon button
- Access the arrow buttons to access the different options
- Go with Settings, OK, and then WiFi Setup
- Under the section, you can find Push Button Setup option. Choose this and OK
- Then press the WPS button on your router as well as the printer’s WPS option altogether
- You will see instructions or steps to complete the setup on the screen. Follow them and you should be able to see the WiFi symbol now.
Those are some of the basic and general steps to activate the printer. Make sure that you understand these methods of Epson XP-640 setup so it will run successfully and smoothly.
Epson XP-640 Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
- Link Download
- File Size : 14 MB
Epson XP-640 Driver macOS
macOS 10.3, macOS 10.4, macOS 10.5, macOS 10.6, macOS 10.7, macOS 10.8, macOS 10.9, macOS 10.10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
- Link Download
- File Size : 21 MB