Epson Workforce WF-3640 Wireless Setup & Driver Update
Most people are discouraged when they have to deal with Epson Workforce WF-3640 wireless setup – or any kind of technical setup.
It’s because they always believe that such a thing is complicated, super difficult, and impossible to implement.
In reality, though, you can actually manage your own wireless setup without consulting a professional or spending money to hire an expert.
As long as you have the user guide and you are willing to spend extra time to grasp everything, then you should be able to do it on your own.
Wireless Installation from Control Panel
If you want to install the printer and connect it to the wireless environment, follow all the provided steps available in Start Here sheet.
You can use the CD or download the software for the installation. It has its own guide and instructions that will help you go through the process effortlessly.
So, how do you manage Epson Workforce WF-3640 wireless setup with control panel?
- Choose Home icon button
- Choose Network and go with WiFi Setup. When you see several options (like WPS pin code setup, WPS push button setup, and WiFi setup wizard), pick WiFi Setup Wizard.
- You are prompted to choose the network’s name. If you can’t find the name, then manually provide it. To manage the manual system, choose Other Networks, go with Network (SSID), and provide the name by using the keypad.
- Choose the Password field and provide it. Again, access the keypad.
- Click OK when you are done and then Proceed
- Check again the setting. Click OK to confirm everything
- Choose Done to have everything completed. Otherwise, click the Start button to print the report (for the network setup work)
- Press Home icon button again so you can return to the Home screen. Check the upper right side of the screen.
- You should be able to see the WiFi icon there.
Wireless Installation with the Software CD
There are different Epson Workforce WF-3640 wireless setup for different connection types. If you are using the access point (or a router), the steps would be different from the previous method. So, how do you manage it?
- By accessing the CD wizard, you should be able to install the system
- Press the printer’s Power button to activate the device
- Load the CD into the drive
- There would be an AutoPlay window appearing. It asks you to install the program or run it from the media player
- Click Run on the Autorun.exe file
- You will be given a message whether you want the installer open. Choose Yes
- Before the installation process, you must review the provided agreements first. If you want to move on with the driver installation, tick the (check) box available there
- There is a menu displaying connection options. Pick the one that you want to connect (between your printer and the computer)
- Since we are talking about the wireless method, go with the Wireless Network option
- You will get another window requesting you to connect the printer and computer with the USB cable. One end should go to the printer, while another one to the computer
- The computer will detect, find, and locate the printer automatically. Proceed with the next installation steps
- After the installation process is done, you will get a notification that the driver has been installed successfully. Just choose Finish to finalize the process
Some Common Issues
Although you have managed the setting as carefully as you can, there are always possibilities that your printer may encounter issues.
When you get the message ‘WiFi Setup failed’, don’t be panic-y. The failure may result from several reasons; most likely from invalid password details or SSID.
When network setting is conflicted or the connection is unstable, it will affect the connection, which will also affect the printer.
Here are some of the things that users can perform:
- Update the drivers. There are several tools that you can choose to update the drivers so they would be in the latest state.
- Use repair tools. There are also several tools that can be quite handy to repair the system.
- Deactivate (Windows) Defender Firewall. In most cases, users don’t turn this feature off, so their connection can’t run smoothly
- Check the details of SSID (along with the password), including the upper and lower case usage
In general, there are no issues with the setup, provided that users follow the instructions to the letter. If they do Epson Workforce WF-3640 wireless setup correctly, then everything should be okay.
Epson Workforce WF-3640Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
Epson Workforce WF-3640 Driver macOS
macOS 10.3, macOS 10.4, macOS 10.5, macOS 10.6, macOS 10.7, macOS 10.8, macOS 10.9, macOS 10.10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
Epson Workforce WF-3640 Manual Download
- Epson Workforce WF-3640 User Guide Download