How to Fix Epson WF-3640 Error Code 0x97
There are several different error codes that may appear when you are using the printer, and Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97 is one of the most common codes that generally happen to users.
Don’t be confused or overwhelmed when you see the error code to your WF-3640 printer. There is a logical explanation to it as well as the solutions
Error Code 0x97 and Its Meaning
Although this error code can be caused by several different reasons, this is basically a common (printing) error.
The error code will give you notification to repeatedly turn on and off the printer. Moreover, once the error code appears, the printer will stop working.
You won’t be able to use it until you fix the issues. This is an issue that usually happens to long time users or those new users but with very extensive printing job.
You basically let your printing machine works hard (in some cases, too hard, even) and problems occur.
There are some common reasons for this Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97 to happen. In most cases, the issues are (internal) hardware related although it’s not restricted to t hat cause only.
It is quite common that the problem happens to several Epson models, like WF 7620, WF 7610, and also WF 4630.
It’s possible that it has internal hardware issue, like motherboard failure or any faulty with the system
There is a possibility that the printer experiences dirty printhead, jammed paper, or dust stuck within the printing area that may clog it
Hardware malfunction is another reason why the error code appears
Printer’s clogged nozzles may result in several issues, in which code 0x97 is one of them
How to Solve the Issue?
First of all, don’t get panic-y when the Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97 happens. Maintain your cool and do several steps
1. Update the Printer Driver
Outdated or faulty driver can be the culprit of your issue. You’d better update it to the latest version to ensure smooth operation.
If you have different operating system, no need to worry. You will be guided the steps
Updating Driver for Windows
- Go to your main Desktop. Find the Taskbar
- Find the icon for Software Update by right-clicking it
- You will see printer setting window, go to Utility tab and then choose Driver Update
If you have updated the driver and the error code is gone, then it is your driver that needs fixing
Another method is to perform these stages:
- Choose Start
- Go with Epson Software or Epson
- Choose Epson Software Updater
Updating Driver for OS X
Just like what happens to Windows, you need to undergo several stages and steps if you want to have successful result.
- Open Applications
- You should pick the folder Epson Software
- Choose Epson Software Updater
2. Reboot the Printer
This is basically the easiest troubleshooting way to check the main reason for code 0x97.
- Turn the printer off and unplug it. Make sure that you remove all the cables (any cable) connected to the printer.
- Leave the printer be for 5 minutes. Make it 10; that’s okay
- Press Power (button) and then hold it for one minute
- While still doing it (holding the power down), connect your printer to the power cable
- Then hold that Power for another 1 minute
- After a minute, release the button. This action should be able to reboot the printer, clearing it out of issues.
3. Clogged Cartridges Check
The error code may appear when the cartridges are clogged. It will affect the printhead’s function. The best way is to clean it.
- Choose Home icon button
- Go with Setup
- Choose Maintenance
- Go with the option Printhead Nozzle Check
- The printer will print a page with 4 grids in color. It should help you find out the blocked nozzle
- If you can’t find any gap within the (printed) lines, then go with Done. But if you do find gaps or the lines are somewhat faint, go with Clean the Printhead
- Let the cleaning process completes by itself. Never turn the printer off during the process
Some ways may require you to install a fix tool or a troubleshooter or similar tools to have easier process. You can also reach out to Epson support and ask for their assistance.
In a way, don’t be confused if you get Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97 because now you know what to do.
Epson WF-3640 Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
- Link Download
- File Size : 153 MB
Epson WF-3640 Driver macOS
macOS 10.3, macOS 10.4, macOS 10.5, macOS 10.6, macOS 10.7, macOS 10.8, macOS 10.9, macOS 10.10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
- Link Download
- File Size : 131 MB