Epson iPrint Setup and Different Ways to Manage It
You may underestimate the importance of Epson iPrint setup, thinking that it is just a way to manage your printer to run.
However, if you understand how the device works and the overall concept of the setup, you will see how important the stage is. If you are able to manage a seamless connectivity, you can improve your productivity.
Not to mention that there are different methods and ways to manage it, so knowing each one of them can be quite handy.
The Importance of iPrint for Android
If you are able to manage the Epson iPrint setup, you can turn your smartphone or tablet into a useful and powerful tool that can support both your personal use and professional needs.
The iPrint (for Android) helps you to enjoy direct access from Google Drive, Microsoft OneNote, DropBox, and Box.
Not only you can access them, but you can also print them without any limitation to places or spots. The iPrint also allows you to scan from email or close-by Epson printer.
Want to share your files through online system? You can do it without fuss.
Printer Connection through the Network
If you want to manage the connection, especially between the network and the printer, you need to ensure that both the printer and your (Android) device have been connected to the wireless network.
Basically, the devices need to connect to the same wireless network.
- Open the app for your Epson iPrint
- Go with the option ‘Printer Isn’t Selected. Go here to choose a printer’
- Choose one of these options: Choose your printer that is displayed within the Local tab. If you can’t see the printer, check whether the printer and the Android device are within the same network. Choose Search to perform the searching. If you don’t know, it’s located on the bottom of the screen. Still can’t see the printer?
- Try manual work. Choose the tab Manual IP or choose the option WiFi Direct Setup
- The second method is to do the manual system to add the printer. Choose the tab Manual IP.
- Choose Add, then provide the printer’s IP address, and then Done.
- These methods should now connect your printer to the network. You can perform a printing test to confirm whether the iPrint has been connected to the system
Printer Connection through the Remote Printer
With the email print, you should be able to perform a remote print from the device to the (Epson) printer.
Again, you must be within the similar network (with the printer) so you can assign the email address from the (iPrint) app.
- Open iPrint app
- Choose the option Printer Isn’t Selected. Tap to choose a printer
- Choose the option Remote, and then choose Add
- Choose Yes
- If you haven’t set the email address to the printer, then choose Get Email Address and then follow the provided steps. If you already set the email address (for the printer), choose a field within your screen, feed the email address, and then Done. Your printer would appear within the tab Remote and you should be able to perform remote print.
- Choose the printer that is displayed on the list. If you can’t see the printer, you need to check whether the printer and Android devices have been connected to similar wireless network. Choose Search (located on the bottom side of the screen) to perform searching.
- When you see a browser screen appearing, choose the option Advanced.
- Choose Proceed to (the IP address)
- Choose Register so you can proceed to the next step
- Choose Accept and then Next, and then OK
- You will see Epson Connect site. Provide the email address and also the password, then choose Finish. The (printer’s) email address should appear.
- Copy the email address so you can paste it to a field in Epson iPrint app, in Printer’s Email Address
- Choose Done.
- The process should complete by now
Printer Connection through WiFi Direct
You can also manage Epson iPrint setup through WiFi Direct system.
- Open iPrint app
- Choose the option Printer Isn’t Chosen. Tap Here to Choose a Printer
- Choose WiFi Direct Setup
- If the printer has LCD screen, go with Printer with (LCD) Screen. But if your printer doesn’t have LCD, then choose Printer without LCD Screen.
- There would be instructions displayed on the screen so you can manage direct connection. Test it out; your print should start right away.
There you have it; several ways to manage the setup. With different ways of Epson iPrint setup, you should be able to enjoy greater versatility.