Brother HL-2280DW Wireless Setup & Manual
Brother HL-2280DW Wireless Setup Step by Step with 2 Methods
So you are questioning yourself how you can configure your wireless printer with a USB or Ethernet cable and the install the driver in Windows, well there are some methods to try. Each of the methods carry their own instructions given through the steps you must perform well.
Without taking too much times, let’s just quickly read the methods of Brother HL-2280 Wireless setup as follows:
Method 1: Obtain the Wireless Network Settings
The first method requires you to obtain the wireless network settings of your wireless router or access point. This method offers some steps that include:
- Service Set ID (SSID) or the Network Name.
- Network security key. This is not required if you process the setup using a USB cable from a wireless computer connected to the wireless network.
- If you use MAC (Media Access Control), you must add the printer’s MAC address to the table. The address is usually available on the printer setting’s last page. To print the printer’s settings, press the button “Go” three times.
If you have done configuring the printer’s wireless settings before, you need to reset the print server back its default settings determined by the factory. Here are the ways to reset the machine:
– Turn on the printer using the power switch on the machine’s right side.
– Plug in the power cord and make sure that the front cover is completely closed.
– Find the button “GO” and hold it down as you turn on the power. Keep the button pressed down until you see the LEDs light up and Ready LED switches off.
– Release the button “GO” until you see all the LEDs switches off.
– Press the button “GO” six times until you see all the LEDs light up, indicating the successful reset. This will allow the device to restarts.
Method 2: Configure The Wireless Network Card
The next method to follow dealing with the process of Brother HL-2280DW Wireless setup is doing the configuration of the wireless network card.
This way, you must follow the instructions either for CD or Full Driver & Software Package Download.
Here are the step-by-step configuration you can perform:
- Insert the Brother Drivers and CD into your computer. Remember, if your Brother cannot appear automatically, head to My Computer and double-click the CD-ROM icon. And double click ”Star.exe.”
- Download the Full Driver & Software Package from the Brother’s website. It will create a zip self decompression window. So click on “Decompress”.
- A message of “The decompression process was successful”. Press Ok and take a note of the created folder.
- Double-click on the installed folder created during the decompression.
- Double click on your Brother’s model and select “Setup.exe.
- Select your country/language and press OK.
- Select HL-2270DW.
- Select the language: English.
- Click on Install Printer Driver.
- Read out the License Agreement. Press “Yes” if you agree.
- Choose the Wireless Network Connection and press “Next”.
- Choose Brother Peer-to-Peer network printer and press “Next”.
- There will be a notice for Antivirus Software. Click “Next”.
- Press “No” for the wireless network cards manual configuration.
- Confirm that you have already a wireless security information.
- Press “Next”
- If you use USB cable, choose the recommended USB cable and press “Next”
- If you use Ethernet, choose the Ethernet cable and press “Next”.
- Remove the protective cap from your LAN Ethernet connector.
- Use the network cable to connect the Brother wirelessly to your access point.
- Use your Brother’s name for configuration. Press “Next”.
- Your wireless settings will be automatically detected. Press “Checked and Conformed” and click on “Next”.
- Your SSID will be displayed. Press “Next to send the information to the printer.
- Click on “Next” and thee settings will be sent to your Brother machine.
Remember, the settings will remain uncharged if you click “Cancel”. If you want to enter the IP address settings of the machine manually, simply enter the IP address of your machine.
Finally, the process of Brother HL-2280DW Wireless setup can be successfully processed. The methods we have just shared are expected to give you a solution of Brother HL-2280DW Wireless setup.
Brother HL-2280DW Manual Download
- Brother HL-2280DW User Guide Download (PDF)